Location: Banja Luka
We are looking for an highly skilled (or highly talented) back-end or full-stack developer to help us with a extensive IT-investment in a brand new new software (future SaaS).
If you DON’T want to just operate in a small corner of a big, corporate IT-project, but RATHER want to play an important role here in a project with real business impact for a Scandinavian startup.
Who is Obsidian Media?
Obsidian Media is an innovative tech company in the digital media space. We run a portfolio of product review media monetized through affiliate partnerships. We analyze, review and compare product using CompareView® which is the software that we are currently building (and need your help with).
Our customers are our partners. They are both large retailers or brand like, Amazon, Walmart, LEGO, etc. to small webshops in Scandinavia – or even platforms like Pricerunner, Prisjakt, and Trustpilot.
Our Tech-team is working closely together with the management, since we have serious ambitions in Tech – especially with CompareView® that we expect to become a state-of-art, data-driven software able operation product comparison webportals in an innovative, intelligent way.
We operate in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and USA, UK and Candata, with further international growth plans. We have offices in Aarhus and Banja Luka in Bosnia – totally 19 employees.
About the job and the main project
If you don’t like WordPress – this job might be for you (I will explain that later!).
As a full-stack developer you will play key role in the huge IT-project that we call CompareView®. It is build in Laravel, so you obviously need experience in that.
You will be reporting directly to our CTO with whom you will we co-working on the project along with a talented (less experienced) developer.
So the job is mainly around building the next versions of CompareView®. The project have several phases:
Phase 1:MVP & prototype Phase 2:Focus on a Product Database incl. Product Research Tool (better research options)
- Phase 3: Focus on automation and API integrations to Pricerunner & Alatest (huge amount of research-hours saved)
- Phase 4: Focus on Control Center and database approach across all products (huge effeciency upside)
- Phase 5: Focus integration to front-end and automate landing page setup
- Phase 6: Focus on Content Management ie. remove WordPress from our sites replace with CompareView® as CMS (you’ll love this if you don’t like WP)
- Phase 7: Focus on algorithmic rating (and order) of products based on data from several sources
- Phase 8: Building a SaaS out of this amazing piece of software
We are currently in the middle of phase 3, hence we are looking for a Developer who want to be a big part of this project that obviously will continue after the first seven phases
- Write non-blocking, clean and testable code for CompareView® and perhaps other systems
- Documentation for your own work
- Taking a part in planning, design, testing and implementation of new features from the beginning to the end
- Researching and implementing performance and other optimizations on existing functionalities where possible
- Actively contribute to design and technology discussions
- Participate in the agile development process within a small team
- Cooperate with colleagues across teams – for instance SEO-team or Content & Research team
- Use the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline for build, test, and deploy
- Find opportunities and drive adoption of leading-edge technologies
- 3+ years of experience working as a developer
- Knowledge or experience in Laravel, react.js/angular
- Proficient with analysis, troubleshooting, problem-solving and browser testing and debugging
- Experience with any non-relational databases or index is a plus
- Knowledge and understanding fundamentals of functional or reactive/concurrent programming (in any language) is a plus
- Hands-on experience with managing data loads and data quality is a plus
- Opened for new things and looking for new perspectives in finding solutions for complex issues and challenges
We can offer you:
- A steep learning curve and an opportunity to develop your skill set in an international company
- Close mentorship with our CTO (+20 years of experience with weekly 1-1s)
- A key role in developing new job features that will drive business growth.
- Become a part of an amazing team. We are +40 people in Obsidian’s Banja Luka office – 10 people in the “Media” department.
- Awesome social and team building activities and working trips to Denmark
- Competitive salary (for the right profiles, salaries are more than competitive, or flexibility of you want)
Obsidian is a workplace where we are all dedicated to our work and to our personal, professional development, which is why the learning curve is steep from the start and you quickly get responsibility and become an essential part of our company.
Expected startup: As soon as possible
The monthly salary is based on qualifications, accordingly.
Send application, resume and other relevant material to email@example.com and write ‘Full stack Developer‘ in the subject field.
You can read more about Obsidian Media here .